Self Employed

For self-employed home buyers, most mortgage lenders will require up to 3 years accounts and/or copies of self assessment tax return certificates (SA302) from HMRC as proof of income.

In the case of a sole trader or partnership, lenders calculate income using the net profit figures and most will work out an average over the previous 2 or 3 years.


Why You Should Get Advice

The criteria used by mortgage lenders to assess applications can vary.  To ensure that you find the best possible deal for your circumstances, it is therefore important to seek mortgage advice for self employed from an experienced mortgage broker.

Peter Lewis Associates is a trading name of McRobieAdams which is an appointed representatives of Andrews Estate Agests. We have access to exclusive mortgage deals through the Legal & General Mortgage Club.  These can often be from top lenders such as Halifax and Santander, as well as other more specialist and regional lenders. New lenders are often added to their panel which other advisers may not have access to.

If you require any further information then please call us 01295 277500.

Make sure you can afford your mortgage. If you fall behind with the payments you could lose your home.